As an introduction to this blog, I thought I’d share the inspiration behind the title of my blog.
A while back I wrote a poem called, Blind Insanity. Basically, I took a good look at the world around me and concluded that so much of this world is blind to the truth that Jesus is the only Way to salvation and eternal life.
If my poetry skills do not impress you, then I hope, at the very least, that the message of the poem will sink in. I know that I learned a lot through writing this poem and God often teaches me as I write. Since I do not want to forget what God is teaching me, I decided to start this blog.
Daily, I want to seek after Christ and not give in to the blind insanity of this world. And the reason I want to publicly share the lessons God is teaching me is so that, by any means, God may be glorified through what I write.
I pray that I will not be the only one who receives encouragement and sees personal, spiritual growth through this blog. I hope you join me on this journey.
- Jesus, I open my eyes and see the pain,
- The world around me is tumbling;
- Lost in sin, transgressions fall like rain.
- Peace, joy; words of a pastor mumbling.
- We have fallen from perfection;
- Grace far beyond our selfish grasp.
- In You is the free gift of salvation,
- But we still die from the snake bite, *gasp*
- No more breath, no one to carry us.
- The cross lies just over the horizon,
- But we choose to lick the dust;
- Forcing the same upon daughter and son.
- Iniquities testify against our minds,
- Just more excuses to spit and curse…
- Break the self-made chains, tear away the blinds.
- Life doesn’t end in the back of a hearse.
- The world stands with eyes shut tight,
- Yet they proclaim their minds to be open.
- Why would seeing eyes reject their sight?
- Why are open minds left empty and broken?
- There lies no truth in their clever fables,
- Yet the world relents to their theories.
- Kings, queens, and teachers muck the stables.
- Rejoicing over pig’s teeth and a pile of feces.
- The point to this maze of self-imposed madness,
- I cannot pretend to understand.
- They wander, their eyes full of sadness,
- No future beyond the nearest bend.
- They cannot see Your face, Jesus,
- So, if need be, let the rocks cry out,
- Because Your children stand in silence;
- Worshiping dumb idols and feeding doubt.
- Please be heard through Your true Church;
- Break hearts again and start a flame.
- I know the chastisement of Truth will hurt,
- But without You, Jesus, we are all insane…
If you have questions or topics you want me to write about, or you just want to chat, then send me an email or post a message on any of my pages.